Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I've lost it, I've lost it, oh where could I have tossed it?

*Update* Here are the pictures!!

____________________________________________________________________



A short while back I was feeling rather proud of myself as I hadn't lost my keys in a long time. I thought, "Hey, go me." I must be getting better at this remembering thing since I've been so organized lately. Well, organized can be a relative word. Organized for me that is. Well friends, I gotta tell ya, pride comes before a fall.
So, we are redoing our bedroom. New paint, new furniture, the whole sha-bang. It is fabulous I tell ya, as the only major purchase we've ever made was our house. We are savers, not spenders, so this is fabulous for me. I got the bedroom suite I've always wanted and I didn't have to manipulate at all to get it. It's coming today so I'll post pictures later. I am excited!!

Anyway, I digress. We bought the suite on a whim on Sunday so Monday I had to rush out and buy paint before they come with the furniture. This is seriously the only time my husband will let me paint so I got to get while the gettings good! So, I go to Menards, get my paint. Come home, start taping things up, start painting, blah, blah, blah. We decided just to grab a pizza last night and so I was out the door to get it and realize my wallet is gone. Where could my wallet be, I wonder?? I do a quick search of the car, the diaper bag, the house. No wallet to be found.
Since I went to Menards with my sister I figure it's in her car, no big deal, just use Michael's card. This morning I call my sister (That's her to your right in case you were wondering) and ask her to look, she searches everywhere, no wallet to be found. OH MY GOSH! Panic starts to sink in. I have to call Michael to get the bank account number, he starts getting irritated. Fortunately no one has used the ATM card. Good news. I search and I search and I search. Seriously tear up the house, it is definitely not here.




I pray about it.




I then try Menards just to see if there might be some shred of decency left on the planet and someone has turned it in. There is and they have. My wallet awaits me...




I'm thankful that God answered my prayer today and took care of me. It's amazing how when we ask him for something he provides. So loving.

4 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Hi there! Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog! You are welcome to come by anytime. Your post today is too funny. I do that all the time. I will misplace my keys or worse yet my purse. My family is used to having to help me look for things.
Your little Lilla is beautiful. I hope you have a great day and looking forward to seeing you again at my blog!

Andrea said...

I love the message in paint on the wall. My husband did this when we were painting our dining room. I'm anxious to see the pics of the furniture! :)

Darlene Schacht said...

Oh, thank goodness! What a panic.

I had to pop in because your profile photo caught my eye. Your baby is so adorable!

Andrea said...

Oohhh...I love that bed! Awesome furniture. Lucky you! :)