Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday Feast

Appetizer
What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?

Between 11 and 12. I'm a night person, my husband is not. It would be nice to be on a more unified scheule.

Soup
When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?

I give more. I became a social worker, in part, because everyone was coming to me with their problems, and I was a decent listener. I still am.

Salad
Describe a memorable meal you've had.

Down the road from us is this little pizza "joint". Little hole in the wall that's been there forever. When we were buying our current home the seller kept telling us how they had the best pizza ever. So, the day we closed on our house, we went down there, got a pizza, brought it back to our house and sat on the kitchen floor eating it. It was really yummy, gooey cheesy and deep dish, mmmm! But the best part was enjoying it in OUR house! Yeah!


Main Course
Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.



The Earth is Enough, by Harry Middleton. The book gave me a new appreciation for people who love to fish and people in Appalachian type areas.


Dessert
What is your favorite type of fruit juice?

Pineapple. When I was little my grandparents would buy this little cans of pineapple juice and have them for Saturday morning breakfast. I loved that. When I was pregnant with Lilla I found them at Sam's club and that is how I got all my Vitamin C those 9 months!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great feast! I'll have to look into the book you menioned, as I am a devoted fly-fisherman!!

Tina Ann Forkner said...

Thanks for the book tip. We'll add it to our loooong reading list. :)

KC said...

Great Feast..
mine is up also
http://mindlesschatterofabusymom.blogspot.com/2007/03/friday-feast-3907.html

Gattina said...

You were a decent listener, not anymore ? How could I ask some advice then, lol ?

ribbiticus said...

happy feasting! come see my spread! ;)

Andrea said...

Great feast! I LOVE pineapple juice too! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy! Can't comment on your Msn site so I'm here! Love the pics of Lilla climbing into things.. She's is so precious. Makes me long for the days when my girls were babies.. But then I remember diapers!!

Idol this week made me so mad I can hardly even discuss it!

Raggedy said...

Great Friday Feast!
My feast is served.
Have a wonderful day!
TGIF
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Claire said...

I am becoming a counsellor for the same soup reasons.
I need to read that book, because i just don't get fishing.